Islam-Universe

An Introduction To Islam For Non Muslims
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Song of Solomon 5:16 in Hebrew
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:29 pm 
The following is Song of Solomon 5:16 in Hebrew

חִכֹּו֙ מַֽמְתַקִּ֔ים וְכֻלֹּ֖ו מַחֲמַדִּ֑ים זֶ֤ה דֹודִי֙ וְזֶ֣ה רֵעִ֔י בְּנֹ֖ות יְרוּשָׁלִָֽם׃

Note the word
מַחֲמַדִּ֑ים
ma cha mad dim;
in the above link, if you click on "yea he is altogether lovely", it will show you the root of the word machmad, however the word is mistranslated to "desirable".

If you copy the original hebrew text
מַחֲמַדִּ
and paste it in SDL Free Translation and select To English, and hit the Translate button, you will see it correctly translated to Muhammad!

Note the similarity between the hebrew words: ma cha mad dim; and e lo him; elo means God, however "im" in Hebrew is for plurality or esteem (grandeur), the correct translation of e lo him is "God the great" NOT "Gods" and the correct translation of machamaddim is "Muhammed the great"!

In the above verse, the word 'Mahammadim' is preceded by the Hebrew equivalent of "He is...", therefore forcing the word 'Mahammad' to be singular, so the 'im' must be a term of grandeur.

This word 'Mahammad', is a proper name and therefore should not have been translated.

Allah said in the Quran (translation of the meaning):

157. Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write (i.e.Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him)) whom they find written with them in the Taurat (Torah) (Deut, xviii, 15) and the Injeel (Gospel) (John xiv, 16), - he commands them for Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained); and forbids them from Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); he allows them as lawful At-Taiyibat [(i.e. all good and lawful) as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.], and prohibits them as unlawful Al-Khaba'ith (i.e. all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.), he releases them from their heavy burdens (of Allah's Covenant), and from the fetters (bindings) that were upon them. So those who believe in him (Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him)), honour him, help him, and follow the light (the Qur'an) which has been sent down with him, it is they who will be successful.

158. Say (O Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him)): "O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah - to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He); It is He Who gives life and causes death. So believe in Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him)), the Prophet who can neither read nor write (i.e. Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him)) who believes in Allah and His Words [(this Qur'an), the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) and also Allah's Word: "Be!" - and he was, i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus) son of Maryam (Mary), <>Ç <>], and follow him so that you may be guided."

159. And of the people of Musa (Moses) there is a community who lead (the men) with truth and establish justice therewith (i.e. judge men with truth and justice).
[The Noble Quran : Surat Al-A'raf (Chapter 7)]

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Song of Solomon 5:16 in Hebrew
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:12 pm 
Chapter-by-Chapter, MP3 Recordings of the Hebrew Bible

If you listen to Song of Songs, Chapter 5, towards the end you can clearly hear the word Muhammad-im.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:17 am 
http://translate.google.com/#iw|en|%D7% ... 7%9E%D7%93

SDL Free translation - English to Hebrew
Muhammad - מוחמד

again in google

http://translate.google.com/#en|iw|Muhammad

and again on http://translation2.paralink.com/ try it.......

dont trust 1 website for your translations.......

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:05 pm 
Vowels are not part of the original hebrew, just like the original Arabic didn't have dumma, fat-ha, kasrah, etc. these were introduced later. in Arabic Mohammed is written:
محمد
Not
موحمد
i.e. the Arabic letter WAW, isn't used, dumma is used, the same for hebrew, it is:
מחמד
Not
מוחמד

If you translate the meaning of the root word:
حمد
it means magnify and so if you translate the name
محمد
from its root, it will mean magnified, however since it is a proper name it shouldn't be translated and it should be Mohammed.

If you have access to Ben-Yehuda's ENGLISH-HEBREW, HEBREW-ENGLISH DICTIONARY, it will show that
מחמד
is pronounced Mohammed not Mahmad, i.e. the difference is only in vowels (like dumma and waw in Arabic).

Report this post

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies  [ 4 posts ]